...

...

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Week 8 m1 MEEF

 Two elements to keep you thinking until our next class on the 18th

Firstly, here is an episode of a documentary series about the Irish in England, those who migrated in the 1950s and 1960s.


https://youtu.be/SYgdQG_orwk


Secondly, here is a practice "composition". This is not your homework assignment (that will arrive soon). This is the assignment I gave last year. Please read it and prepare it, looking up references etc. I will be looking at it in live online class.

The PDF is here


The next few weeks will be a combination of live online classes and videos I will make (like the ones of mine you have already seen).

Next week on the 18th, there will be a short online class *at 9.30am* for half an hour or a little more. Please come to the class prepared with any questions you have. After questions, I will explain about your homework assignment. Then I will begin to look at part of the practice composition I have linked to above.

After the class I will put online two video chapters - one on Irish immigration, and one on South Asian immigration.

No comments: