...

...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

L1 Grammar test corrigé part one

Here are the corrections for the first part of your test. Question one was

A Write out sentences in English beginning with the phrase in brackets and incorporating the question. Sometimes there is more than one correct answer possible.

EXEMPLE : Où est la gare (He wanted to know)
REPONSE : He wanted to know where the station is.

1 Quand est-il sorti, ce livre? (I’m not sure)
2 Qu’est-ce que ça veut dire, « okapi » ? (I have no idea)
3 Depuis quand il parle comme ça ? (Please tell me)
4 Combien êtes-vous ? (I don’t remember .)
5 Où se trouve le cinéma? (Nobody seems to know )
6 Pourquoi s’était-il plaint? ( I can’t imagine)


The answers were :
1. I'm not sure when this book came out.
2. I have no idea what "Okapi" means.
3. Please tell me how long he has been talking like that.
4. I don't remember how many of you there are.
5. Nobody seems to know where the cinema is.
6. I can't imagine why he had complained.

Notice that none of these sentences ends in a question mark.

No comments: