...

...

Saturday, May 23, 2009

L1 Grammaire corrigé devoir maison

A
1 They must be able to do the job before next week...
2 I won't accept being treated like that.
3 Fred could play the piano...
4 You can't have seen her last week.

B
1 If you'll follow me, I'll show you the factory.
2 It was the only thing we could do - we had to accept their conditions.
3 I have to write this letter now or I won't be paid.
4 I couldn't hear anything, they must have gone out.
5 There should have been three people to help me, but there was no-one.
6 On Tuesday evening, I was able to buy all I needed.
7 You must speak only when I ask you a question.
8 The river had overflowed, and we had to interrupt our journey.
9 You cannot imagine the problems they have to deal with every day.
10 It's a great computer, it must have cost you a lot of money.

C
1 In the second sentence, we know that the door was in fact opened.
2 In the first sentence the speaker decided the obligation, in the second it is presented as an external obligation.
3 The first sentence is the announcement of a new decision; in the second the decision was made earlier.

No comments: